5 Ways to Stay Fit at the OfficeDo you ever feel tired after sitting at a desk all day? One of the most important things you can do while at the office is to exercise. But, walking at lunch time is not all that it takes. Making healthier choices and implementing a few simple lifestyle and work changes are a couple of examples of how to stay fit and healthy tips while at the office.
- Cut out Sugary Candies - Stop snacking on candies sitting out on your neighbor's desks. Instead, bring a snack from home, like cheese sticks, baby carrots, fresh fruit, nuts, hummus or dried fruit.
- Eat Breakfast - A healthy breakfast can give you the energy you need to get you through morning without feeling the need to snack on junk food. Breakfast is the cornerstone of a healthy lifestyle.
- Drink Lots of Water - Drinking water will not only keep you hydrated, it will keep your mind off of other cravings, like soda or coffee. If you want some flavor to your water, add some cucumber or lemon.
- Move Around - Take a break every hour and walk around the office. Take the stairs instead of the elevator as often as possible and consider forming a team for motivation to take regular exercise breaks.
- Be Active Outside of Work - Spend some time outside. Find a nature trail and unload the stress of the day, give your eyes a break from the computer screen and breathe in the fresh air.