What are the health benefits of yoga? Practicing this ancient Eastern exercise for the mind and body will benefit you in many ways. If you’re wondering if yoga is right for you, consider the following benefits for your health and wellbeing – and then come visit our luxurious fitness center to tour our yoga room and learn about our schedule of classes.
- Stress Relief – One of the top health benefits of yoga is a more relaxed state of mind. Find your center and calm your anxiety.
- Better Posture – In yoga, you sit up straight and stand tall. It elongates your muscles and helps you to walk with your head held high.
- Weight Loss & Toning – Yoga isn’t for sissies. You might think that holding poses is easy, but it’s a bonafide exercise that can help you lose weight and improve muscle tone.
- Improved Sleep – Yoga calms you and teaches you breathing techniques, which help you rest easy at night
- Alleviate Back Pain – Do you spend all day sitting at a desk? Yoga is a great way to make that lingering lower back pain disappear.
- Enhanced Mental Health – Regular yoga practice can improve your coordination and your memory. It may even help in the prevention of age-related degeneration.
- Stronger Bones – Yoga’s many weight-baring poses can help strengthen your skeleton and prevent osteoporosis.
Discover the health benefits of yoga for yourself at our award-winning fitness center and spa. Our expert yoga instructors can help you find your Zen. We offer a range of yoga classes, along with Pilates, dancing, water aerobics and interval training. Please contact us today at 1 (215) 790-2500 to find out more information and to make your class reservation.