Will your wedding bells be ringing when the leaves are falling? Say “I do” to a Fall wedding and allowing us to provide you with a few tips, ideas and of course, notes from the Rittenhouse wedding staff.
The Dress: Fashion and bridal experts are paying attention to what brides are wearing between summer and winter and blush is making them blush (in a good way.) Two piece dresses are also showing up at the altar, right along beside modest fronts and plunging backlines.
The Venue. Fall light is some of the best, so make the most of it, whether you’re indoors or out. Our ballrooms are gorgeous and our boathouse is one of a kind. Use our grand sweeping stairwell for majestic photo opps and our tried and true vendor contact list for all Philadelphia wedding services.
Wedding Vendors: So as we mentioned above, we've been curating, tweaking, fine-tuning and testing our wedding vendors for years. Don't be the guinea pig - we only work with the most outstanding, reliable folks in the business!
A condensed version of our Wedding Checklist is below and... Congrats!!!
Six Months to One Year ahead:
- Set your budget
- Choose ceremony and reception locations
- Compile guest list and organize addresses
- Choose vendors
- Send "Save the Date" cards, if using
- Send hotel reservation notices with "Save the Date"
- Book rehearsal dinner venue
Four to Six Months ahead:
- Arrange wedding day transportation
- Order stationery, including thank you notes
- Purchase wedding rings
- Purchase or reserve groom's attire
Two to Four Months ahead:
- Discuss food and beverage details with your catering manager and plan your tasting
- Send invitation envelopes to calligraphers
- Schedule time to mail invitations approximately 6-8 weeks prior to wedding
One to Two Months ahead:
- Have programs printed
- Obtain your marriage license
Two Weeks ahead:
- Final dress fitting
- Begin creating your seating plan
- Inform caterer of guest count
One Week ahead:
- Confirm details with caterer and sign-off on catering documents
One Day ahead:
- Manicure and Pedicure
- Hold rehearsal dinner, distribute gifts to wedding party
- Prepare gratuity and payment envelopes and arrange for someone to distribute
On Your Wedding Day:
Enjoy every moment - we'll be taking care of the details!