Top 5 Health Tips for MenMaintaining a great quality of life is largely determined by one factor - your physical health. When it comes to building and sticking to a healthy way of life, working out and a healthy diet are the keys to making it work. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle takes a lot of dedication and we've got some men's health and fitness tips to help you take it to the next level:
- Exercise regularly - This practice is health and has tremendous emotional and physical benefits. As well as lowering your risk for high blood pressure, diabetes, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, and obesity, exercising regularly can help elevate our general mood and reducing the threat for depression.
- Include Weight Training in Your Exercise Routine - Studies have shown that as resistance training as little as once a week can improve muscle strength. Even the busiest among us can find time for that. The Rittenhouse Spa & Club features a gym and health club stocked with state-of-the-art Technogym® equipment.
- Warm Up Before Working Out - Static stretching before working out doesn't have much impact on the body. However, research has shown that those who performed a muscle warming routine, like walking lunges and high skips before their workout are able to enhance their performance and help prevent injuries.
- Take Care of Your Skin - Always use sun screen and be as picky about your skin care products as your hair care products. Check your labels for any products containing Sodium Laureth Sulfate and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. These are chemical compounds and will strip your skin of its natural and necessary moisture.
- Drink More Tea - Besides H2O, tea the best beverage you can drink for health, especially green tea. Drinking green tea on a regular basis can improve cognition and memory in men. It also has many other health-boosting benefits, like acting as an anti-inflammatory agent, prevents bad breath and boosts metabolism.